This Thai chicken and broccoli recipe used to be a family favorite, but I had forgotten about it until recently. I’m so glad I remembered this tasty dish! The whole family will love this delicious, easy-to-make dinner option. There are only four simple steps. Give it a try!
- 2 pounds chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1 cup canned coconut milk (we used TJ’s light)
- ½ teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Heat a pan on medium heat. Add coconut oil and brown the chicken on all sides.
- Steam the broccoli a little while the chicken is cooking.
- Add broccoli and the rest of the ingredients to the pan.
- Cook on low for about 15 minutes or until chicken is thoroughly cooked and enjoy!
Landria Voigt, C.H.H.C., is the Nutritional Consultant and Public Speaker at Dr. Taz’s Atlanta Center for Holistic & Integrative Medicine office. She is a graduate of The University of Georgia and the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She is author of the the book Super Paleo Snacks as well as the popular family and nutritional blog Stir It Up! where she shares her healthy recipes aimed at pleasing even the most finicky of palates, as well as forward-thinking ideas about nutrition.