This Thai basil chicken pasta is my favorite meal of the year. I know! That’s a big statement, isn’t it? But it’s true. Honestly, I’m not even a huge fan of Thai food, but this extremely flavorful, wonderful little meal is so amazing. I got the idea from one of my favorite blogs, Food Renegade. Kristen shares wonderful recipes and her site is also very educational.
- 1.5 lb chicken
- 3 zucchini
- 1 can coconut milk (we used light)
- 1 1/2 tsp ground ginger (or fresh)
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder (or fresh)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (use the low end for kids)
- 3 tbsp coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
Landria Voigt, C.H.H.C., is the Nutritional Consultant and Public Speaker at Dr. Taz’s Atlanta Center for Holistic & Integrative Medicine office. She is a graduate of The University of Georgia and the Institute of Integrative Nutrition. She is author of the popular family and nutritional blog Stir It Up! where she shares her healthy recipes aimed at pleasing even the most finicky of palates, as well as forward-thinking ideas about nutrition. And she is author of the book Super Paleo Snacks coming out in December 2014.